The Strathcona Hotel is grateful for the opportunity to once again be able to offer friendly and helpful service. While we continue to ensure that you are welcomed with a warm smile, the health and safety of our community, staff and guests is our number one priority.
As we all navigate through a “new normal,” hotel operations look a little different than we remember.
Masks are now mandatory in all public spaces of the hotel.
In order to maintain a high level of sanitization and ensure our guest rooms are safe for everyone we have removed all non-essential items, such as decorative bedding, menus, and magazines.
The following items have also been removed from our guest rooms, but remain available upon request and will be dropped off with contactless delivery to your guest room door:
- Iron and ironing boards
- Alarm clocks/Radios
- Extra pillows and blankets
- Extra bathroom linens
- Boxes of Kleenex
- Coffee station amenities (not available in all room types)
With the purpose of safeguarding the health of our guests and employees, we will not be offering any in room housekeeping service and no team member will enter an occupied guest room. Additionally, we have adapted our already rigorous cleaning protocols to include the following additional steps:
- All guest rooms are treated with a disinfectant fog after each check out.
- Every touch surface is sanitized
- Plush furniture, such as our desk and lounge chairs, are steam cleaned after every use
- Guest key cards will be deposited into secure drop boxes, and sanitized before reuse
- Common areas will be sanitized frequently throughout the day, with special attention paid to all high touch areas such as elevator buttons and door handles.
Plexiglass shields have been installed at the Front Desk, and our team will refrain from touching any personal items, such as ID, credit cards, and pens.
- Point of Sale machines will be sanitized after every use
- To maintain social distancing during your stay all furniture has been removed from our lobby, and we have placed social distance markers on the floor
- We have suspended our complimentary luggage storage
- Refreshment station and guest computer have been removed from the lobby
To do your part to help stop the spread of COVID-19 during your visit we ask that all hotel guests respect the social distance markers in the property, and limit elevator access to one person at a time, or one party at a time. We have installed hand sanitizing stations throughout our building, and we urge you to practice proper hand hygiene when you enter the hotel, and before you leave your room.
Should you become unwell during your stay and experience symptoms of COVID 19 we ask that you contact our local health authority by dialing 811, and promptly inform the front desk. Should a guest room be used by an individual who is not well, we will secure the room and follow all health and safety protocols as posted by the BC Ministry for Health.
We acknowledge that this can be a nerve-racking time to travel, and we welcome you to contact us directly with any questions or concerns that you might have. We look forward to safely welcoming you to Victoria, and the Strath.